Virtual Guitarist 2 is still considered very useful by some.
Sadly it has been discontinued and requires some "tricks" in order to make it run.
Latest Mac OS Tested for this article: 10.12.2 / 32 Lives 2.0.1
Steps for Installation:
Here are our insights:
1. Copy Virtual Guitarist 2 Content folder from the CD to /Library/Application Support/Steinberg
from Finder choose Go menu and "Go To Folder..." and enter /Library/Application Support (create new folder Steinberg)
2. Install latest Universal Binary version as follows (from latest update Installers):
right click the package and choose "Show Package Contents".
3. copy all the separate installers for VST/AU/Standalone from:
4. Install them one by one...
5. IMPORTANT: Make sure you're using the latest eLicenser from elicenser.net
6. Copy and edit the plist provided below to /Library/Preferences (or create one as advised here)
7. Resurrect the Virtual Guitarist from 32 Lives.
8. Launch Logic / AU Host. (make sure you Synchrosoft dongle is connected)
Virtual Guitarist should be resurrected now!
*If you're getting error messages (Synsoacc.bundle could not be located, or Synsoacc.bundle does not have the expected interface) try installing the earlier version of eLicenser (eLicenser Control Center 188.8.131.522) from here: